Wednesday 26 December 2007

Thinking Outside the Box

Ryan is spoiled rotten.

Anyone who knows us or reads me is already aware of this. What you might not realize is how spoiled I am.

This Christmas is a perfect example. In addition to stunning sapphire jewelry that goes very nicely with another famous sapphire ring and gorgeous, hand-turned, hardwood crochet hooks (coming soon to a Whichcraft near you) I also got a beautiful handmade jewelry box (a collaborative effort from the better part of the family). Ignore me in this picture and just look at how pretty the box is.


It's not finished yet, but it's already amazing. Mahogany, rosewood, walnut...and gorgeous.


I never realized how special it is to get something handmade, because I'm usually the one doing the making. It feels pretty great to give someone you love something you made especially for them. I guess now I know how awesome it is to get something that someone who loves you made with their own hands.


Not to mention it's a HUGE step up from the Fossil watch tin that my jewelry is currently in. Ryan has made a little fun of that.

No comments: