Thursday 19 July 2007

Mum's the word...

Essex has great schools. More than half (I believe) of the top 10 in England are located here.

This might explain the odd thing I've noticed while wandering around our little corner of it...A large percentage of women are in one of the following three situations when I see them in my daily wanderings:

1. Pregnant...very, very pregnant. Not just pregnant, but annoying, happy, cute pregnant. Not my-ankles-are-swollen-I'm-the-size-of-a-house pregnant, but Liz-Lange-pretty-clothes-cutesy pregnant.

2. Pushing a "buggy" with a newborn (not a "proper pram like we used to 'ave" as the lady at the laundromat told me today while I waited for the sheets to dry...some things you just can't hang on a drying rack). These strollers are usually the double kind and often have a toddler in them as well. Most of the time that toddler is way too old (in my humble, but educated opinion) to be in a stroller.

3. They are pregnant (again, cutesy pregnant...not I-vomitted-all-morning pregnant) AND pushing a buggy with (usually) an infant in it.

There are an alarmingly large number of them. I'm thinking of going into business selling buggies, as a matter of fact. If they ever decide to revolt, all of England will be in danger.

It must be something in the water. I think I'll have some juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom says stay awaaaay from the water!!!!