Friday 30 May 2008

May Showers

By special request...the first in a series of blogs about the wedding shower. It was great. People came from far and wide to give me (oh, and Ryan) presents. Who could argue with that? Some stuff is already put away or in use. Omissions are not intentional (I just got way too much cool stuff).

I didn't take a picture of the other gift from Tammy and Lindsay, a gift card to Coventina Day Spa. Maybe I'll have someone take a picture of my manicure. I do have a picture of the lilacs and the pretty vase they were in. You could smell them from 10 feet away. They were great, too.


Aunt Marsha and Olivia provided towels for the previously naked downstairs bathroom along with a very useful cloth bin that is now holding scarves and other such goodies. Ooh, and some nice sachet-type smelly (in a good way) things.



This is the slow cooker my mom got. It's supposed to have three inserts... a 2, 4, and 6 quart. Unfortunately, I'm a spazz and I dropped the big one and it shattered into a million pieces.



That's why it's fortuitous that we got a 6.5 quart programmable slow cooker.


Ha! Ha! I will process you. Ryan was excited when I let him use the little one! Just wait.


Thanks again to Aunt Julie and Emma, who (with a little help from Uncle Bob, I'm sure) have made mine the poster kitchen for KitchenAid products. I still can't explain the purpose of an immersion blender to Ryan. He just doesn't get it.



This fine griddle has already entertained guests with a fantastic breakfast of bacon, eggs, and the best French toast ever. Works great. Cleans up great.


Monkey peeler and nifty biodegradable type scrubbies among the basket of goodies from Aunt Judy. Ryan loves the monkey.




Karen (and Greg) provide some tunes and something less obnoxious than the alarm clock to wake up to. I even programmed NPR into the presets...that's love. If I could just get the remote to work from downstairs.



Possibly the most immediately useful gift. Ever. Ryan feels like he's been replaced. If he'd just stay in one spot like the pillow...



Katy pitched in from sunny CA with the oil bottle and plates to dip. I love olive oil on my bread.


Wendy knows that it is necessary to take your lunch to school. Now I can do it in style.



There are a few others that get their very own blogs for various reasons. Wait for it!

No comments: