Sunday 22 March 2009

How Sweet It Is

Liam has started eating solid foods...well, more solid than breast milk, anyways. He's shown quite an interest in what Ryan and I eat for quite a while now and has reached the proper developmental milestones...doubling his birth weight, holding his head steady when sitting supported, not pushing everything out of his mouth with his tongue, etc. He was eyeballing my enchiladas the other night, but we're not quite there yet.

We started with the obligatory wall paper paste, I mean, rice cereal. He liked that well enough...until he got some sweet potatoes.

I surprised him with the first spoonful, so you get his funny face, but after he figured it all out he gobbled it right up.




If you don't have the audio it goes something like this:

Liam: "The service in this restaurant sucks...I've been waiting for at least a minute and a half! Where's my food? What is that thing?...Why is it furry? Why is it sniffing my feet? Tell it to get away from my cereal...You'll let anybody in here, won't you? What kind of restaurant is this? Where's my milk?"

If you do have audio, you know I'm full of crap...well, even if you didn't have audio you probably guessed that.

No comments: