Sunday 23 September 2007

Never Knit Your Man a Sweater...

There's a curse among knitters all over the world (well, there's more than one, but now's really not the time...). Basically, you like a guy. Knitters are natural givers, so you knit him a sweater. You put in a lot of time, effort, and love. You give him the sweater, and HE LEAVES. Not only does he leave, but he takes your great sweater with him.

So, (female) knitters have implemented a rule. "Never knit your man a sweater unless you've got the ring." It's actually the title of a book. The book has all kinds of other things you can knit your beau...scarves, hats, gloves, blankets, beer cozies (I don't really know if that's in there, but I have seen them!), socks, even a vest. But NO sweaters.

I told Ryan about this a long time ago. I even showed him the book to prove that I'm not totally crazy. He respected this rule. He stole my brown alpaca hat. I made him a blue (suitably manly) scarf. He didn't push (too much) about a sweater.

Now his time has come. I have ordered yarn and new needles (darn...had to buy more needles, terrible thing, that), and found a pattern. Because...






= Sweater!

1 comment:

Aunt Julie said...

Ryan and Lynnsey ~

I've been thinking about you often and had time today to connect with your blog. I LOVE the ring. How perfect!

The t-shirt quilt is such a good idea and good job Lynnsey. I really enjoy your blog. You are a good writer, Lynnsey.

Hope all is going well, Ryan. Are you going to be home for Thanksgiving?

Love,

Aunt Julie