Wednesday 13 February 2008

I'm Down, 2-1

What began as a random Saturday at Matthew's became the inspiration for what might be the dorkiest Valentine's Day present ever.

We were having a drink at Matthew's and there was a chess board on the bar. Ryan won, but the next day I found the perfect gift for him. A wooden chess set. Ryan, being a giant dork, loves it...just like I thought he would.


If you count the game at Matthew's, I am currently down 2-1 overall. Which doesn't say much because neither one of us is all that fantastic.


Ryan is officially the black and I am the white, from now until the end of time. I don't know if he thought about this very hard. That means I always go first. Such a gentleman!



We're both pretty competitive, so I imagine we'll get better pretty quickly. We seem evenly matched (we both suck), so around the time we're in our eighties we'll be at 1,689-1,687, give or take.


All in all, a great present for nerds like us. We just need a better way to keep track of who's ahead.

No comments: