Sunday 22 June 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Sitter

Yesterday was the big day.

Most of you know that, though. I think 90 percent of our readership was there. Thanks again for coming and helping us celebrate. To those of you who couldn't make it...you missed a great ceremony and some pretty darn good food. And to those of you who were scared off by the tornado-y winds...you missed a rip-roaring afterparty and a rather lively game of Trivial Pursuit.

I only have a few pictures at this point...courtesy of my mom...but, they're a start! (You could all e-mail your, high-resolution, please, pictures to me...there's a link over there!).

Here, Luke and Kayla steal the show. I think we have arranged another marriage! From what I hear young Mr. Martinucci was quite smitten with our tiny beauty.



The ceremony, much to everyone's delight, was short and sweet...and pretty funny. We couldn't have come up with a better referee.



The money shot.


It was a great day. The weather held for the ceremony and for dinner. The winds picked up and scattered our guests, but I hope everyone had a great time. I know those who stayed did!

A big, huge, humongous, gigantic, colossal (there's really not words) thanks goes to Sue and Mike for transforming their yard and their home into such a beautiful setting...harder than you'd think, even considering how beautiful it is to begin with. All of the beautiful flowers...in the ground, on the tables, in bouquets and boutonnieres...were the product of long, hard work on Sue's part. I personally can't tell a petunia from a poppy seed, but even I know that they were incredible. Mike likes to pretend he didn't do anything, but we all know better. That kind of magic doesn't just happen.

I'm just getting started. There's lots more (especially if you kind souls send pictures!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS SOOOOO FUN. The flowers were beautiful, the ceremony was great (although i think the judge called Ryan Bryan), your dress was perfect, and the tents and the setting was just outstanding! I loved the cupcakes by the way!! It was just perfect. For the people who left early there is like NEVER any tornadoes in Erie!
~Emma~(your cousin FINALLY)

Anonymous said...

sorry that you think i look repulsed! I think the sun was in my eyes.