Sunday 1 June 2008

That's Where I Got It

Cindy made us a picnic basket for a shower gift. Yeah, that's right, made. Or, at least, might as well have.

She found a basket that she liked, but it needed a lot of work.

So she just re-weaved the broken pieces, sanded, stained, and varnished (I think...I don't know what that stinky, shiny stuff is called) it. Oh, and put in things to hold the silverware.

No big deal. Really. The handle is cracked, actually. Jeez!



The basket came complete with melamine plates and nifty glasses, a salt and pepper grinder, a blanket...all the fixin's for a picnic. Too bad we didn't have this for Canary Wharf!



That's where I get it, apparently. When someone tells me what a great job I did on someting amazing that most people wouldn't even consider trying, I shrug it off like anybody could have done it. It's genetic, apparently.

No comments: