Thursday 6 March 2008

No Worries

I was concerned initially by the seemingly small kitchen.

I needn't have bothered.

This kitchen is deceptively large. There is so much storage below the surprisingly ample counter space. The cupboards are deep and the drawers are many.

I can't store quite as much food as I'm used to. Growing up with huge freezers and shelves of canned goods in the basement will have that effect on you. But I can actually fit all of the things I'm working with on the counters at the same time so far. Very nice.

So far we've had chili, barbecue chicken pizza, pork quesadillas (with some fantastic sangria), and pork tenderloin with mushroom and romano risotto. All with absolutely no problems (except the one burner being a little loose). Tonight, shrimp and broccoli stir-fry with jasmine rice.

We're still working on getting settled and getting everything put away. When it looks a little better, we'll have the full photo documentary.

No comments: