Friday 13 November 2009

Out and About

I started this post months ago...sorry. I'm working on it...really.

It occurs to me that those of you too cool for Facebook haven't really seen pictures of the house.

I thought I'd start with the outside.


Here's where the magic happens. I love grilling. I don't love the creepy elecrtic meter cover.



The herb crew from the apartment...hanging out on the patio.



Liam's yard.



Weather vane...how many of you have a weather vane? Huh?



Black raspberries...mmm. There's blackberries, too. Not bad for a house in the city, eh?



Ginger's bunny friend.



Blue hydrangeas. I guess this is a big deal. I like the pink ones, personally.



Clematis. I learned that if you don't pick off the dead ones they stop flowering. Noted.



Big orange lilies. There are little red and yellow lilies, too.



I had nothing to do with any of these flowers. They all just do their own thing. It's probably better that way. I am hoping I killed some of the hosta because I hate it, but I think it takes nuclear measures to get rid of it, though. I did keep the tomatoes alive. That's something.

I have some plans for next year...a little garden with some herbs, tomatoes, and hot peppers. Keep the raspberries going strong. Maybe get a rainwater collection system and a compost heap going. We'll see.

No comments: