Tuesday 21 July 2009

The Whole Enchilada

I make really great enchiladas. Really. Ask Ryan.

This is the recipe. You'll notice that I do what I normally do with directions of any kind. I read them, decide that I like parts of them, and then change the rest.



This was the first time I used the grill as part of the enchilada prep. The chicken is rubbed with a spicy blend that is mostly ground chipotle and cumin...I could tell you the rest, but then I'd have to kill you...and, no, that recipe isn't 100% accurate, so don't even try it.

There are, for those of you counting, three jalapenos and two habaneros headed into the mix for eight enchiladas. If you're good at math...(3+2)/8 = spicy.



If you lean in close, you'll probably clear your sinuses. I'll bill you later.



What would the enchilada be without its authentic Goya red beans and rice? (10 points if you can't hear "red beans and rice" without starting to hum a certain Sir Mix-a-lot song...)



One last coat of cheese before it goes in the oven...mmmm...cheese.



The finished product, complete with almost enough sour cream to make it possible to eat without dying. For me, at least...According to Ryan, it was "a good start."


He wants me to make the next batch spicier. He forgets that I have to sleep with him.

No comments: