Sunday 13 July 2008

Order of the Garter

One of our goals is to educate here at Bob's My Uncle...so without further ado.

As far as I can gather, the tradition of the garter toss comes from the ancient belief that it was lucky to have a piece of the bride's wedding attire. As you can imagine, this easily got out of hand...people ripping apart the bridal gown. Even though you aren't going to wear it again, the destruction of the gown is still tragic.

There are other explanations, but they're not as sweet as that one. I'll let you look that one up yourself!

The DJ explains the process to Ryan.



"Hey! How many layers does this thing have? Do you think we could insulate the apartment with it?"


"Why does your mom have that baseball bat?"


"Hey, they did a great job on your pedicure."



"Woo-hooo!"


"I am the man!"


I made all of that up, by the way. I don't really remember what he said. It was still pretty funny and the pictures did come out great. I like it.

No comments: