Thursday 20 March 2008

Everyday Food

Poor Ryan...he has to put up with all of my quirks (although, I do remember a certain brother of his telling me that he was glad Ryan found someone who could appreciate his quirks...).

I think I know why he does it, though.

They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I think they're right. He was mine with that first batch of cookies!

Here he is with the first of our traditional Sunday omelets in the new apartment. It's not beautiful...there is always a learning curve to a new stove. But it tasted good!


A little re-creation of the first dinner I ever made for him in honor of the anniversary of our first date. Steak au poivre, garlic parmesan mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, stuffed mushrooms, and (not in the shot) bananas Foster. Another bottle of red from the Chateauneuf-du-Pape region of the Rhone valley (my two favorite reds so far, but I'm not sure if that's a function of the region or the cost of each bottle).


Nothing like a pan sauce made with brandy and heavy cream. Nutritious and delicious!



How many guys get homemade tomato soup and colby jack paninis? Most guys are lucky to get a can of Campbell's and a plain old grilled cheese!



Possibly one of the most beautiful salads in history. I think it's the feta.


Not really very pretty, but it tasted pretty good. Healthy New England Clam Chowder from Cooking Light. A little thin, but great flavor.


Simple tomato and cheese pizzas made on whole wheat tortillas. Mushrooms on mine. Kalamata olives on his!


Yes, folks! He eats like this pretty much everyday. Poor guy has it rough, eh?

No comments: